About Me...

My name is Allison Benton. I am a junior at the University of South Alabama. I am majoring in elementary education. I have always known I was meant to be an elementary teacher because I love to teach children and watch them learn to their fullest potentials. I have always been a "role model" figure, being the oldest of three daughters. I grew up as a majorette, and then I taught a middle school majorette line when I was in high school and during some college. I have taught preschool as well, and no matter what the age of the student is, I love teaching. I have always enjoyed teaching, whether it was playing "teacher" to my two younger sisters or teaching majorettes. I have also enjoyed school all of my life. I have always done well in school, and I like the idea of school and obtaining an education. I enjoy spending as much time as I can learning; I believe that people never stop learning. I really like being in an elementary school atmosphere. I have done observation hours during previous semesters, and I love the excitement that children have when they learn something new and are able to apply their new knowledge to their life. I know teaching elementary school is what I am meant to do in my life, and I hope to be a great role model and educator.
My Teaching Philosophy

Tools for Teaching

Tools for teaching are never-ending. I am an advocate for Google tools such as Google forms, documents, blogs, etc. Google services are FREE to anybody that has access to a computer. Google is one of the most known about search engines today. Also, Google allows people to share and collaborate with others through its tools available. Other teaching tools include blogs. Blogs can be made through different accounts, but one account is Google. Blogs allow students and teachers and anyone else to share work and comments. Comments can be made locally or around the world. Blogs allow a record of student's work. Blogs can also be a place for parents to go to to see what their children are doing in school. Blogs can also act as a document for all of the papers and information a teacher provides the students. Also, anyone can have access to the same blog if allowed. By allowing people to have access to one blog, a collaborative blog can take place. One such blog can be found at, http://attheteachersdesk.blogspot.com. Blogs such as these can act as a collaborative project for people of the same topic. Blogs are a very helpful teaching tool.