About Me...

My name is Allison Benton. I am a junior at the University of South Alabama. I am majoring in elementary education. I have always known I was meant to be an elementary teacher because I love to teach children and watch them learn to their fullest potentials. I have always been a "role model" figure, being the oldest of three daughters. I grew up as a majorette, and then I taught a middle school majorette line when I was in high school and during some college. I have taught preschool as well, and no matter what the age of the student is, I love teaching. I have always enjoyed teaching, whether it was playing "teacher" to my two younger sisters or teaching majorettes. I have also enjoyed school all of my life. I have always done well in school, and I like the idea of school and obtaining an education. I enjoy spending as much time as I can learning; I believe that people never stop learning. I really like being in an elementary school atmosphere. I have done observation hours during previous semesters, and I love the excitement that children have when they learn something new and are able to apply their new knowledge to their life. I know teaching elementary school is what I am meant to do in my life, and I hope to be a great role model and educator.
My Teaching Philosophy

Teaching Technology

Technology is growing everyday, and it is growing quickly. Technology is always changing, and people need to be up-to-date with technology. As I have learned through taking EDM 310, teaching technology to students is so important. Students need to be aware of all of the different types of technologies available to them as students and indiviudals. Students need to know how to be profficeint in technology in order to be a part of the fast-paced society in which we live today. Technology opens a whole new approach to learing with people being able to learn from others around the country and even world, at the touch of a keyboard. Technology offers students an advance to learning. Technology is a characteristic of today's world, and students need to understand how technology around them works and be able to apply it to their school work and everyday life. Understanding technology is one part of being a successful student, and students need teachers to help them understand and learn about technology. Teachers need to teach students when, how, and where technology is appropriate in the academic world. Teaching technology is very important for teachers today.