About Me...

My name is Allison Benton. I am a junior at the University of South Alabama. I am majoring in elementary education. I have always known I was meant to be an elementary teacher because I love to teach children and watch them learn to their fullest potentials. I have always been a "role model" figure, being the oldest of three daughters. I grew up as a majorette, and then I taught a middle school majorette line when I was in high school and during some college. I have taught preschool as well, and no matter what the age of the student is, I love teaching. I have always enjoyed teaching, whether it was playing "teacher" to my two younger sisters or teaching majorettes. I have also enjoyed school all of my life. I have always done well in school, and I like the idea of school and obtaining an education. I enjoy spending as much time as I can learning; I believe that people never stop learning. I really like being in an elementary school atmosphere. I have done observation hours during previous semesters, and I love the excitement that children have when they learn something new and are able to apply their new knowledge to their life. I know teaching elementary school is what I am meant to do in my life, and I hope to be a great role model and educator.
My Teaching Philosophy

Importance of Education

Education is the most important part of being socialized in a society. Every culture and society has a need for an education; however not everybody gets the chance at an education. the importance for education will never end becasue people are always in need of being taught different things. Also, education will never end becasue each new generation that is born will need to be taught both new things as well as how the world before them worked/works. Education provides people with an upper-hand in life. Education provides people with knowledge that not everybody knows and/or understands. Education allows peoeple to be qualified for certain job positions. Education is the foundation for our society. The need and want for an education, no matter how advanced, will never end or stop.